Skype
ryanson209

8Bit Thomas Audition 8Bit Thomas Audition

For a home-made amateur audition/demo/whatever, this is very well done. Good amount of range displayed in your voice and you know how to work the computer when you need to. Only fault I can truly find is that because it's an AUDITION and not a proper demo, it's not as diverse as it could be and I lack context to find any of this funny (assuming it's a comedy). But it's well-put together, and well performed.

Jacob responds:

Thanks man!
I agree with you on the lack of diversity to some degree. On the one hand, there are 12+ voices in this. But it's primarily dominated by two of them, so it doesn't allow the spectrum to really solidify.

Thanks again for the review. :]

-Jacob

When the World Needs a Hero When the World Needs a Hero

I'm diggin' it

While your voice doesn't seem the type to rap, you make it work. The backing track helps the overall mood feel positive, encouraging, empowering. You do good.

Words for Alexandra Words for Alexandra

Music at it's finest

Music is often used to express the emotions we feel, whatever they may be, and use our words to connect with an audience. Despair and sorrow are no stranger to melody, but such dedication to a friend's memory... Words can't describe how I feel about this song, or what connection I may have with your performance. Just know that you've let us know how you feel, and you would have made her proud with such a beautiful song.

[AMP] Resolution [AMP] Resolution

Good to see had time for this and not our collab

So mad at you

NGHH 2011 - Hype Track So Wack NGHH 2011 - Hype Track So Wack

Totally wack... and not in the best way

When you hear some voices, whether they speak or sing or whatever, they sound like nails against a chalkboard. But then, there's a flip-side that will love it for that unique tongue. TehSlapHappy has such a voice -- it's one of a kind, it's memorable. Sadly, contrary to the claim that this is "the best flow," it's not even close. Any chance of being "blown out the water" by said flow is gone, flushed away to the sewers. Sure the witty wordplay is almost fun the first time, but repeated listenings are torturous to sit through. Wack.

tehslaphappy responds:

So wack.

xKore - Interstate (FULL) xKore - Interstate (FULL)

Trancey, groovy

There's something about electronic music that some people can't get into, whether it's the sound of it or how it can be made. Well, there's little reason not to enjoy this song. It's got a groove that's just waiting to be placed in a video game, probably one with anime-inspired characters. It's pretty, it's spacey, and it's one of the best things out of the Audio Portal in a while.

Orchestral Metal Piece 1 Orchestral Metal Piece 1

Too technical for my liking

I can't deny your skill, your talent, your willingness to give yourself carpal tunnel. Your song has a sort of lo-fi feel to it, but still very in your face. But the entire song is almost all rhythm, and that gets a little annoying when it's repeated and repeated. There were a few times where it seemed to build into something interesting, and the melodies played by the strings and piano were fascinating to listen to. Still, your technical skill not withstanding, this song doesn't reach out to me.

Gravey responds:

Sorry you didn't like it. Can't please everyone.

-Gravey-

Running Wild Running Wild

Nice

I have to question. Aren't these instruments from the Mixscape library? Answer me this please.

Whether they are or not, it's still nice.

Singing ;D Singing ;D

Eww?

Is this singing, or this the sound of a deaf hobo trying to communicate?

[AMP] Died In Your Arms [AMP] Died In Your Arms

Club Music for the Depressed

It starts off almost like Hollywood Undead or 3Oh!3 trying to write a ballad. But then (as most of their fans will when they discover better music) this song evolved, into a blast, a dance jam that would go well in say Flo Rida's club-thriving repetoire. While the repetitive lyric does get slightly bothersome with each distortion, the focus here -- and the real driving force -- is the energetic beat: the point where clubs and emos collide, where everyone comes out that much happier.